Sunday, September 11, 2011

Taylor Swift Has Faith (Hill) in Her Nashville Friends

"My favorite person in Nashville is Faith Hill," Taylor Swift tells Nashville Lifestyles Magazine. "She's been my idol since I saw her on both VH1 and CMT when I was about 10. I loved how she was taking country music to bigger audiences, and her grace in the spotlight. Since I put out my first album, Faith has been a welcoming and warm presence in my life, time after time. She sends flowers on my birthday and sent me cookies when I got sick."

The young superstar graces the cover of this month's issue of the Nashville publication highlighting Music City's popular culture. Aside from the 'Breathe' singer, Taylor gives kudos to another country superstar for his hospitable behavior. "Another one of my favorite people is Kenny Chesney. He's so supportive, and always makes sure I know he's in my corner. He sends little notes of encouragement, and I know I can ask him for advice any time."

Despite her fame, the singer admits to a regular public routine while at home. "I love going to the shops in Franklin and walking around the adorable areas in East Nashville (my fiddle player Caitlin's neighborhood) and walking to Starbucks in the morning," says Taylor. "I love concerts at the Ryman, I like going to Target. These are all places where there are always lots of people around, but that's just kind of where I like going. It's not that big of a deal, really."

These days, quality time at home is a precious luxury for the singer. Taylor is currently on the road with her Speak Now World tour, which was recently extended through March 2012 with added shows in Australia. Click here to view the 'Sparks Fly' singer's entire concert schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment