Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Woman With Longest Fingernails Scratches Way Into Guinness Book


It takes a newborn baby 18 years to grow into adulthood. And it took Chris "The Dutchess" Walton just as long to grow her record-setting fingernails to 19 feet, 9 inches long.

"The hardest thing for me to do is dig in my pockets," the 45-year-old rock singer from Las Vegas says. "Everything else I can do myself -- driving, shopping, cleaning the house ... although when I vacuum, the cord gets tangled in my fingers."

A day before the release of the 2012 Guinness World Records, The Dutchess visited The Huffington Post to talk about her life and celebrate her inclusion in this year's edition -- a celebration of "unique beauty," including fresh pictures of the world's longest tongue, the largest afro, and a "holy man" with 453 piercings.

"I never set out to make it into Guinness," she says. "It just happened."

"One day I stopped cutting my nails. I liked the way they looked. And they just kept growing."

No comments:

Post a Comment