Saturday, September 10, 2011

Miley Cyrus Talks Fame, Sex And Growing Up



Like every teen sensation that found fame via The Disney Channel, Miley Cyrus is eager to grow up. If you've been keeping track of the 18-year-old at all, you know that she's often accused of growing up a little too quickly.

Whether it's suggestive photos in Vanity Fair, pole dancing on an ice cream cart or caught smoking salvia, Cyrus has had to battle for her right to stop being seen as the tween in a blond wig singing about her double life.

Cyrus graces the cover of Asia's Prestige Magazine looking more grown up than ever before. But she doesn't just look grown up, she's starting to sound like it too.

The singer and actress stars in "LOL: Laughing Out Loud" and "So Undercover," both soon to be released, teen-friendly comedies that won't alienate her younger fans -- something that's key since she's still held up as a role model for young girls.

"People have very mixed opinions on me," she told Prestige. "I'm a great model, or I'm completely inappropriate for anyone under 13 and I'm very controversial. I don't know how I became this."

Cyrus recounted a magazine article she once read that called her a "Good Girl Gone Bad," a label she doesn't think she's earned. "I was like, 'What the hell, man?' I stay in the house pretty much every day. I don't go out. I've had the same boyfriend for two years."

But it's the scandals like a video that went viral of the star smoking salvia out of a bong, that have cast her into that bad girl light.

Cyrus defended herself to Prestige saying, "I'm not some crazy lady who's gone off the deep end, because I definitely haven't.... Every 18-year-old explores sexuality and experiments and tries things. For me there's no reason to change that."

Cyrus shot to fame at the age of 13, and in the five years worth of TV shows, movies, world tours and tabloid magazine covers, she's learned a lot about fame, telling the magazine that she wishes she didn't feel like she was always being watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment